So you find Pastors’ conferences good for absorbing information about the “how-to’s” of pastoral ministry, but not as helpful for feeding your soul? Do you sense that so much of today’s resources for pastors focus mostly on what you do, yet ignore the reality that our ability to minister flows less out of what we do, but rather out of the foundation of who we are in Christ?
The Pastors’ Oasis has continuity with the rest of the offerings of Renewal Ministries in that we want clergy who serve and lead to do this out of a substantive identity rooted in the triune God. In a secular and religious world where there are so many lists of what to do and how to behave, pastors need to be freed up to be who they are in Christ and systematically reject models of leadership that elevate success over vulnerability and quantifiable growth over faithfulness. Through small group interaction, silent times of reflection, interactive teaching, individual and group prayer, participants in the Pastors’ Oasis are invited into a safe space where these important facets of ministry can be explored and understood.
Pastors’ Oasis will:
- create a sacred space for personal renewal and examination
- help cultivate a deeper understanding of both God and self
- invite you to journey with a small group of pastoral colleagues
- help you flourish in holiness and health
- foster a better understanding of the link between who you “are” and what you “do”
- refine spiritual rhythms and practices that support ongoing growth and renewal